Dedicated to being a judge both on and off the bench keeps Judge Bell pretty busy, however she believes it is important to be in constant contact with the community and attend as many events her schedule will allow.
- • November 5, 2013. Lawyers' Association for Women (LAW) 2013 Breakfast for newly admitted attorneys to the Tennessee Bar. For over 35 years the Annual New Admittees' Breakfast has been LAW's signature event of the year, honoring all new attorneys admitted to practice in the State of TN. The breakfast is always held the morning of the middle division swearing-in ceremony before the TN Supreme Court. This year LAW is pleased to have Chief Justice Gary R. Wade as its keynote speaker.
- • November 3, 2013. "A Women's Thanksgiving" @ Millennium Maxwell House Hotel. The 14th Annual A Women's Thanksgiving is an event by and benefiting Renewal House. It is a Ladies only event featuring inspirational stories of new beginnings, entertainment by sing/songwriter Lisa Silver, Centerpiecs created by Renewal House Clients, and a Thanksgiving- Inspired Feast including Delectable Desserts by Goldie Shepard.
- • October 9, 2013. Tour/Visit/ Keynote Speaker for Healing Journeys Class with Women inmates. Tour of Correctional Development Center’s (CDC) facility and programs available to offenders. Visited with male and female inmates. New Avenues, Healing Journeys, SAVE are rehabilitative programs offered through the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office.
- • October 26, 2013. Parade Participant. 2013 Tennessee State University (TSU) Homecoming Parade.
- • October 26, 2013. Organizer. Judge Rachel L. Bell Neighborhood Beautification & Community Cleanup. Participants included volunteers, friends, family and community service workers, along with my judicial staff, who came out in record numbers to lend a hand and show their pride in our beloved community.
- • October 24, 2013. Attendee. Stonewall Bar Association’s/5th Third Bank’s Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Business Resource Group Meeting/Network Event @ Predator's Game Against the Winnipeg Jets. Formed in 2010, the Tennessee Stonewall Bar Association provides support to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) lawyers working in Tennessee, especially those practicing in the greater Nashville area. The Tennessee Stonewall Bar Association is dedicated to promoting LGBT inclusion and civil equality both in Tennessee’s legal community and the state’s general population.
- • October 17, 2013. Davidson County Democratic Women Tribute for Vice Mayor Diane Neighbors.
- • October 16, 2013. Davidson County Treatment Court, Division X, Graduation Ceremony Honoring their 10 Year Anniversary.
- • October 15, 2013. YWCA Academy for Women of Achievement, Noteworthy Lives 2013, Honoring Lauren Brisky, Vera Stevens Chatman, Becky Harrell, Beth Harwell, Hope Stringer, Hedy Weinberg, Brenda Wynn and Corporate Honoree, CMA.
- • October 10, 2013. Northwest YMCA “Tex Thomas” Prayer Breakfast Honoring Mr. Richard Lewis, Owner/Operator of Lewis & Wright Funeral Home.
- • October 3, 2013. Women in Numbers (WIN) “Dare to Soar”. Honoring Trailblazer Award recipient, Beth Harwell and the Inaugural Legacy Award recipients.
- • October 3, 2013. Vanderbilt Black Law Student Association’s (BLSA) Mixer with Napier Looby Bar Association.
- • September 26, 2013. YWCA's Academy for Women of Achievement Patron Party honoring Jane Eskind.
- • September 25, 2013. Meet & Greet w/Marc H. Morial, President & CEO of National Urban League.
- • September 21, 2013. Nashville Branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) salutes “Women of Vision 40th Annual Freedom Fund Gala”.
- • September 19, 2013. National Museum of African American Music Reception & Fundraiser.
- • September 12, 2013. Women in Numbers (WIN) “Sippin in September”, a night of rooftop networking with young professional men & women.
- • July 23, 2013. 20th Judicial District Female Judges’ Luncheon.
- • June 29, 2013. Panelist. New Covenant Christian Church’s (NCCC) Legal Clinic.
- • June 8, 2013. Organizer. Judge Rachel L. Bell Neighborhood Beautification & Community Cleanup. Participants included volunteers, friends, family and community service workers, along with my judicial staff, who came out in record numbers to lend a hand and show their pride in our beloved community. Painted the MLK Bridge, picked up trash and landscaped the entrance into Bordeaux from Metro Center on Highway 41A.
- • May 22, 2013. Joslin Sign Company’s Memorial Day Fish Fry.
- • May 15, 2013. Nashville Post's Most Powerful Women for 2013, Luncheon featuring honorees in Innovators' Issue.
- • May 2, 2013. Reception to Welcome Davidson County Democratic Party Chair, Roy Herron.
- • April 30, 2013. YMCA Black Achiever's Annual Banquet honoring Maplewood High School Principal Dr. Ronald Woodard with our “Community Achievement Award.
- • April 26, 2013. Devotion & Tour of New Hope Academy in Franklin, TN.
- • April 18, 2013. Women in Numbers (WIN) Spring Membership Reception.
- • April 17, 2013. Nashville Chamber of Commerce, CEO Conversations with Young Professionals.
- • April 16, 2013. Vanderbilt Women’s Basketball Mentoring Program “Opening Dores”, Mentor Dinner.
- • March 21, 2013. 2013 Nashville Athena Award Event.
- • March 13, 2013. CABLE Luncheon spotlighting the ATHENA Award Program and Presenting the ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award.
- • March 9, 2013. Hooligans' 32nd Annual St. Patrick's Day Celebration.
- • February 28, 2013. Napier-Looby 9th Annual Barristers' Banquet & Awards Program honoring: The Honorable William J. Haynes, Jr., U.S. District Court, Middle District, Stacey A. Garrett, Bone McAllester Norton PLLC, Charles Grant, Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz PC.
- • February 25, 2013. Athena Young Professional Leadership Awards Reception.
- • February 23, 2013. Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated “Delta Founders Day Luncheon”.
- • February 5, 2013. Vanderbilt Women’s Basketball Mentoring Program “Opening Dores”, Mentor Dinner.
- • January 31, 2013. Reception honoring local Elected Officials, Constitutional Officials, Metro Council, School Board Members & Davidson Co. Area Judges.
- • January 13, 2013. Vanderbilt Women's Basketball Reception for Mentors & Student-Athletes.
- • January 8, 2013. Joint Open House for Metro Davidson County Tax Assessor, Davidson County Clerk & Davidson County Trustee's Office.
- • January 5, 2013. New Covenant Christian Church Prayer Breakfast.
- • December 14, 2012. The Mary Parrish Center’s, "Share the Season" Open House.
- • December 12, 2012. Holiday Reception, hosted by Mayor Karl Dean & Anne Davis.
- • December 6, 2012. Taliaferro Nursing Home Christmas Dinner.
- • December 4, 2012. Disciples' Village Christmas Dinner.
- • November 22, 2012. Keith Searcy Memorial Thanksgiving Dinner.
- • November 18, 2012. The Edward H. Wisdom Jr. Foundation’s “Life Love & Legacy Benefit”.
- • November 17, 2012. Conducted National Alliance of Black School Educators’ (NABSE) Swearing in Ceremony.
- • November 6, 2012. Law Association for Women (LAW) Annual New Admittees’ Breakfast.
- • November 1, 2012. Room in the Inn Luncheon, “A Place for Everyone”.
- • October 23, 2012. Women in Numbers’ (WIN), “Dare to Soar”, Honoring 2012 Trailblazer Award Recipient Jane Eskind.
- • October 18, 2012. “Celebrating a Life of Service”, Mr. Edward Kindall, Attorney and 27 year school board member.
- • October 16, 2012. Ninth Annual Benefit Luncheon for “The Next Door” a faith-based, non-profit agency providing a continuum of evidence-based services for women and their families impacted by addiction, mental illness, trauma and/or incarceration.
- • October 14, 2012. Women for 5th District Congressman Jim Cooper.
- • October 12, 2012. TN Alliance for Black Lawyers (TABL) Networking Reception.
- • October 4, 2012. TN Democrats “Fire it up Party” with Ashley Judd and Rodney Crowell.
Click here to learn more about Judge Bell's service to our community
since her election to the bench in 2012:
Memberships and Boards
Awards and Honors
Each month we will update Judge Bell’s activities off the bench. Please visit our site often to keep up to date information.
Committed to Helping People from Every Walk of Life